Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following August Comp Miss
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating and $170.00 price target on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) following the company's August comp release. COST reported comps of 0%, below the Street's estimate of +1.3%. COST will report 4Q EPS on Thursday Sept. 29th AMC. COST has already reported sales for 4Q of $35.7 billion, up 2% y/y from $35.0 billion LY.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "Aug. comps of 0% slightly missed the Street's +1.3% estimate as Int'l regions saw some cannibalization from new store openings. The core US comp (ex. gas) was +2%, in line with our estimate and about in line with the Street's +2.4% estimate, and traffic was up a little better than +2.3% y/y in the US for the month. Next catalyst: 4QF16 EPS Results on Sept. 29th AMC."
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $162.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Upgrades Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to Outperform
- JPMorgan Downgrades ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (ARIA) to Underweight
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $140 at Guggenheim
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!