Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following August Comp Miss
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating and $170.00 price target on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) following the company's August comp release. COST reported comps of 0%, below the Street's estimate of +1.3%. COST will report 4Q EPS on Thursday Sept. 29th AMC. COST has already reported sales for 4Q of $35.7 billion, up 2% y/y from $35.0 billion LY.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "Aug. comps of 0% slightly missed the Street's +1.3% estimate as Int'l regions saw some cannibalization from new store openings. The core US comp (ex. gas) was +2%, in line with our estimate and about in line with the Street's +2.4% estimate, and traffic was up a little better than +2.3% y/y in the US for the month. Next catalyst: 4QF16 EPS Results on Sept. 29th AMC."
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $162.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen On Lam Research (LRCX): Street Seems Asleep At The Wheel, Expect Strong Results
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- Halliburton (HAL) PT Raised to $65 at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!