Cowen Reiterates Market Perform on Gap, Inc. (GPS) Flowing 2Q Report
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cowen reiterated a Market Perform rating and $25.00 price target on Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) following the company's 2Q earnings report. GPS reported adjusted EPS of $0.60 vs. the Street at $0.59 and management's guidance of $0.58-$0.59. Management updated their FY16 EPS guide and is now expecting adjusted EPS to be in the range of $1.87-$1.92, down from prior of ~$1.92.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "GPS 2Q Adj. EPS beat driven largely by gross margin (flat vs. Cowen est. -140bp). Also, we're encouraged that ON rebounded in 2Q and 2H seems promising. However, guide adjustment assumes likelihood that traffic remains inconsistent, & both Gap and especially BR continue to struggle to find favor with consumers. Activewear could be a growth driver over the long-term."
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $25.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Amazon.com (AMZN) Following 3Q
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!