Cowen Reiterates Market Perform After Meeting with Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Management
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen reiterated a Market Perform rating and $46.00 price target on Kohl's Corp. (NYSE: KSS) after meeting with management. Cowen says that KSS is increasingly focused on using data to plan inventories, reaching out to customers with added personalization, and seeking to obtain a one-customer view across all platforms. Expected changes ahead may yield a more stable profile of comps and margins. However, weather, election, and work underway in the Women’s assortment do remain relevant risk factors to comp store sales traffic.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "KSS is making strides managing inventories tighter, localizing assortments, and investing in active/wellness. Reduction of lead times, new spring Under Armour product, and refocus at existing brands will increase fashion appeal. Elevation in omnichannel convenience and prudent engagement in store closures should contribute to growth and profitability."
Shares of Kohl's closed at $43.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) to $25 Following 3Q
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Boston Properties Inc. (BXP) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!