Cowen Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) to $25 Following 3Q
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump picks ex-rival Carson to head housing department
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating on Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT), and raised the price target to $25.00 (from $24.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PLNT reported overall system-wide comps of +10.0%, ahead of the Street at +7.3%. About 90% of the comp was driven by an increase in members. Equipment revenues were +38.7%, driven by equipment sales to new franchise-owned store related to more new equipment sales vs. last year and also an increase in replacement equipment sales to existing franchisee-owned stores.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "3Q's +10% comp is impressive, given strong new member growth. PLNT's plans to upsize debt to $230mm will yield 4.6x leverage which could decline to ~3x in 4-6 Qs. We believe the addressable market continues to be incredibly large (4,000 units vs.1,242 current), as we continue to view health/ wellness as a long-term trend, & you can't work out on Amazon yet."
Shares of Planet Fitness closed at $20.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Citrix Systems (CTXS) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!