Cowen Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) to $25 Following 3Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen reiterated an Outperform rating on Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT), and raised the price target to $25.00 (from $24.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PLNT reported overall system-wide comps of +10.0%, ahead of the Street at +7.3%. About 90% of the comp was driven by an increase in members. Equipment revenues were +38.7%, driven by equipment sales to new franchise-owned store related to more new equipment sales vs. last year and also an increase in replacement equipment sales to existing franchisee-owned stores.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "3Q's +10% comp is impressive, given strong new member growth. PLNT's plans to upsize debt to $230mm will yield 4.6x leverage which could decline to ~3x in 4-6 Qs. We believe the addressable market continues to be incredibly large (4,000 units vs.1,242 current), as we continue to view health/ wellness as a long-term trend, & you can't work out on Amazon yet."
Shares of Planet Fitness closed at $20.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!