Cowen Positive on JCPenney's (JCP) Q2; Awaits Analyst Day Next Week
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Cowen and Company affirms JCPenney (NYSE: JCP) with a Market Perform rating and $10 price target following Q2 results.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented,
We were encouraged that JCP delivered positive comps of +2.2% & beat 2Q EBITDA expectations, but the heavy lifting to hit FY16 EBITDA guidance of $1B is still ahead given tougher comp comparisons and an estimated ~40-45% of EBITDA will be generated in 4Q. We like the CEO's strategic direction, but maintain Market Perform.
On next week's analyst day:
JCP last held an analyst day in October 2014 and provided a strategic path to achieve $1.2 billion in EBITDA by 2017. We expect the analyst day in Dallas next week will provide more details on the sales, GM, and SG&A drivers behind achieving the $1.2 billion in EBITDA in 2017. In addition, we expect JCP to provide an extended outlook for the next 2-3 years likely identifying the total sales opportunities from adding appliances, incremental Sephora shop-in-shops, and from advances in omni-channel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!