Cowen Downgrades Kate Spade (KATE) to Market Perform
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen downgraded Kate Spade (NYSE: KATE) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $16.00.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "We continue to believe KATE has a healthy distribution footprint & is a highly attractive lifestyle brand which executes superbly across categories. We lower our rating as we're cautious on outlet & tourism pressure, a tepid handbag environment, & FY17 EPS estimates may be elevated. Valuation & risk/reward also appears fair as stock is at $16PT & may stay range-bound on caution pts."
He added, "We're hopeful that KATE has conservatively planned 4Q promotions which will include discounted items in Outlet in an effort to stimulate traffic. Our take is that factors outside of management's control may lead to risk at comps and margins in 4Q. Initiatives for next year--including an ongoing focus on micro-assorting to drive better traffic/conversion, sourcing & supply chain enhancements, improving fixed cost leverage, and continued expansion of licensing & partnerships--may not be enough to more than offset macro headwinds and materially drive improvement."
Shares of Kate Spade closed at $16.29 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Ionis Pharma (IONS): Cutting PT But Improving Fundamentals - BMO
- Deutsche Bank Starts Danaher (DHR) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!