Cowen Cuts Price Target on Fossil Group (FOSL) to $25 as Core Watch Business Remains Weak
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen maintained a Market Perform rating on Fossil Group (NASDAQ: FOSL), and cut the price target to $25.00 (from $30.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. On the call, management highlighted that initial demand for the new Michael Kors ACCESS line has exceeded expectations. The company is already stretching its supply chain to chase greater demand. However, FOSL has seen a significant deceleration in Kors' watch business given tough compares from outsized growth and outperformance of traditional Michael Kors watches. The stock traded down -MSD after the market close following the 3Q EPS print given management lowered top-end of FY16 guidance to reflect latest trends.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "FOSL's core watch business still weak & mgmt lowers FY16 guide, but 3Q offers several encouraging points: clean inventories, broad-based seq. top-line improvement led by expanded wearables offering, new Kors ACCESS exceeding expectations. Reit. Market Perform w/ new $25PT (was $30) as stock likely to stay range-bound on execution risk in wearables & New World Fossil ($200mm op improvement oppty)."
Shares of Fossil closed at $24.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!