Cowen Cuts Price Target on Fossil Group (FOSL) to $25 as Core Watch Business Remains Weak
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cowen maintained a Market Perform rating on Fossil Group (NASDAQ: FOSL), and cut the price target to $25.00 (from $30.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. On the call, management highlighted that initial demand for the new Michael Kors ACCESS line has exceeded expectations. The company is already stretching its supply chain to chase greater demand. However, FOSL has seen a significant deceleration in Kors' watch business given tough compares from outsized growth and outperformance of traditional Michael Kors watches. The stock traded down -MSD after the market close following the 3Q EPS print given management lowered top-end of FY16 guidance to reflect latest trends.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "FOSL's core watch business still weak & mgmt lowers FY16 guide, but 3Q offers several encouraging points: clean inventories, broad-based seq. top-line improvement led by expanded wearables offering, new Kors ACCESS exceeding expectations. Reit. Market Perform w/ new $25PT (was $30) as stock likely to stay range-bound on execution risk in wearables & New World Fossil ($200mm op improvement oppty)."
Shares of Fossil closed at $24.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!