Cowen Cuts Price Target on Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) to $7 Following 4Q Comp Miss
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen maintained a Market Perform rating on Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) and cut the price target to $7.00 (from $8.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. ASNA's 4Q miss was driven by a comps miss, as comps came in -4% vs. the Street at -2.3%.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "ASNA shares are down ~20-25% after hours as 4Q EPS misses; 1Q comp guide is weak (-4% vs. St. +0.9%); & FY17 EPS is below the Street. Also, net debt to EBITDA ratio is ~1.9x. We worry on inconsistent customer trends, persistent traffic headwinds, & pricing struggles as consumer is acclimated to promos. Next catalyst is Oct. Investor Day."
Shares of Ascena Retail Group closed at $8.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!