Cowen Cuts Price Target on Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) to $7 Following 4Q Comp Miss
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cowen maintained a Market Perform rating on Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) and cut the price target to $7.00 (from $8.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. ASNA's 4Q miss was driven by a comps miss, as comps came in -4% vs. the Street at -2.3%.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "ASNA shares are down ~20-25% after hours as 4Q EPS misses; 1Q comp guide is weak (-4% vs. St. +0.9%); & FY17 EPS is below the Street. Also, net debt to EBITDA ratio is ~1.9x. We worry on inconsistent customer trends, persistent traffic headwinds, & pricing struggles as consumer is acclimated to promos. Next catalyst is Oct. Investor Day."
Shares of Ascena Retail Group closed at $8.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Pepsi (PEP) Following Solid 3Q
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Starts Marathon Oil (MRO) at Hold
- Oppenheimer Raises price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $100 Following Customer Checks
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!