Cowen Cuts Price Target on Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) to $7 Following 4Q Comp Miss
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cowen maintained a Market Perform rating on Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) and cut the price target to $7.00 (from $8.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. ASNA's 4Q miss was driven by a comps miss, as comps came in -4% vs. the Street at -2.3%.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "ASNA shares are down ~20-25% after hours as 4Q EPS misses; 1Q comp guide is weak (-4% vs. St. +0.9%); & FY17 EPS is below the Street. Also, net debt to EBITDA ratio is ~1.9x. We worry on inconsistent customer trends, persistent traffic headwinds, & pricing struggles as consumer is acclimated to promos. Next catalyst is Oct. Investor Day."
Shares of Ascena Retail Group closed at $8.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Evercore ISI Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15 After Meeting with Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!