Cowen Cuts Price Target on Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) to $7 Following 4Q Comp Miss
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Cowen maintained a Market Perform rating on Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) and cut the price target to $7.00 (from $8.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. ASNA's 4Q miss was driven by a comps miss, as comps came in -4% vs. the Street at -2.3%.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "ASNA shares are down ~20-25% after hours as 4Q EPS misses; 1Q comp guide is weak (-4% vs. St. +0.9%); & FY17 EPS is below the Street. Also, net debt to EBITDA ratio is ~1.9x. We worry on inconsistent customer trends, persistent traffic headwinds, & pricing struggles as consumer is acclimated to promos. Next catalyst is Oct. Investor Day."
Shares of Ascena Retail Group closed at $8.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Wedbush Downgrades Select Comfort (SCSS) to Neutral
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!