Cowen Boosts PT on Marvell (MRVL) to $18; New Management Produces Results
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen and Company boosts its price target on Outperform-rated Marvell Technology Group (Nasdaq: MRVL) from $16 to $18 following Q3 results reported Thursday night.
Analyst Tim Arcuri and his team commented today:
With a trifecta of better results, better guidance, and line of sight to 60% GM within 4Qs, this was a watershed Q. New management is applying professional techniques to strip out costs, reposition product lines, exit unprofitable revenue, and return some cash while still maintaining optionality for future M&A. Just about the only thing people might not like is the size of the share repo, which is admittedly somewhat pedestrian, but MRVL is trying to appease shareholders while also maintaining liquidity for M&A once existing businesses are right-sized and fortified. The improvement in GM is coming faster than we expected with mix helping in the near-term, but hard-core supply chain initiatives still really on the come.
We have long argued for ~$1.40 EPS power here and it is now very clear this might even be conservative as we can get ~$0.30/Q at ~$600MM/Q revs, 60% GM, opex that encompasses the cuts, and some more share buyback and this all includes SBC. Stripping out SBC, you are at ~$1.40 and this is before the "hard stuff" of picking the right M&A targets to grow the business (probably in networking to build scale). From here, MRVL should start to get a forward multiple that is more in-line w/semis, thus arguing this should at least be an $18 stock with upside to this number over time.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!