Cowen Boosts PT on Applied Materials (AMAT) to $33 Following Q4 Report, Outlook
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen and Company lifts its price target on Outperform-rated Applied Materials (Nasdaq: AMAT) from $32.50 to $33 following Q4 results released Thursday night.
The firm commented today:
While orders for both display and SSG were down as expected, the outlook here is very strong and AMAT is executing very well. Recent pull-ins that have made CQ4 better across the board are having no impact on C2017 with AMAT expressing even more confidence in a strong WFE year (potentially as high as $35B) where it again gains share (we estimate it gained an amazing ~300bps share in C2016). This is really before a host of huge China projects start to really take off (more '18). We have long argued that higher capital intensity has put a higher "floor" into WFE with investment now much more about technology than capacity. While we do see WFE "run-rate" exiting the year a good bit above the $35B level and shipments have probably reached a near-term peak, shipments are also unlikely come off much given another strong 3D NAND year and the 7nm foundry/logic wave just starting to build. Lastly, there are a number of new silicon-hungry applications requiring dramatically more compute complexity (AR/VR, AI and autonomous vehicles) and this should absolutely benefit AMAT. Ultimately, more sustainable performance argues for a better multiple – something that has yet to materialize vs. semis peers whose models are largely tapped out in terms of elements of surprise.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!