Covenants on Micron (MU) Inotera Deal Seem a 'Tad Tight', Susquehanna Says, But 'China Inc.' Could Still Come Through
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Susquehanna analyst Mehdi Hosseini weighed in on Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) after the company disclosed a ~$2.5B syndicated loan commitment with Bank of Taiwan and related entities, used for funding the Inotera acquisition.
They believe the rate is relatively in-line with industry norms (TAIBOR +2.05%), though anecdotally, and believe financial covenants are a tad tight. Specifically, they note the Debt/EBITDA covenant of 3.5x for 2017, which compares to MU's current Debt/EBITDA of ~3.0x -- though we concede that when factoring in our FY17 EBITDA in conjunction with Inotera EBITDA, we believe MU Debt/EBITDA could settle in closer to ~2.5x exiting FY17.
Importantly though, they continue to believe MU could still remain in discussions with China Inc. (as well as Intel) in formulating a three-way collaboration for China-based memory production (9/9, 7/27 and 7/12) as MU still has until 12/6 to finalize terms (which includes a grace period after the 11/30 expiration of the Inotera deal). In fact, as they've outlined in the past (6/23 and 5/12), they believe a "prepayment" of 3D NAND via the MU/Intel JV can provide MU with necessary upfront funding to consummate the Inotera deal without putting a dent in the balance sheet.
The firm maintained a Positive rating and price target of $21 on MU.
Shares of Micron Technology closed at $17.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Micron (MU) PT Raised to $25 at Brean Capital; Upbeat on Low Inventories
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Gildan Activewear (GIL) Following Investor Meetings
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!