Costco Wholesale (COST): Pullback Is Buying Opportunity - Cowen
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen analyst, Oliver Chen, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) and believes that COST is a top un-Amazonable picks and the recent stock pullback post-August comp miss is a buying opportunity. COST reports EPS on Thursday, 9/29 (AMC).
The analyst anticipates a meet or beat quarter for EPS. He is expecting 4Q revenues of $35.7bn, up +2% from $35.0bn last year with 4Q overall comps of flat y/y (+3% ex. gas & F/X) driven by: U.S. core comps at flat y/y (+2% ex. gas & F/X); Canada comps up +2% (+5% ex. gas & F/X); and other international comps down -2% (up +1% ex. gas & F/X). For 4Q, we model gross margin up +17bps to 11.31% (vs. Street's 11.29%), and op margin at 3.31% (vs. Street's 3.26%), yielding 4Q EPS of $1.75E slightly ahead of Street's $1.73E.
No change to the price target of $170.
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $152.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alibaba (BABA) PT Raised to $148 at Deutsche Bank
- American International Group (AIG) PT Lowered to $69 at UBS
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Columbia Property Trust (CXP) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!