Costco Wholesale (COST): Patience Brings Rewards - UBS
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Michael Lasser, reiterated his Buy rating on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) after the company reported earnings. The quarter was largely in-line with expectations, which should be met with relief as the market feared there would be downside. A lower than expected tax rate contributed ~$0.05 to the 4Q EPS but most of the key measures were as anticipated.
MFI of $832 mm met the consensus forecast. The underlying metrics remained healthy & consistent as the company saw a 7% overall increase in members, driven by an 87.6% renewal rate worldwide. Online sales growth remained solid at 12% even as it decelerated slightly on a tougher compare.
The company provided indications its reported comps should accelerate in the coming periods as deflation in categories like proteins fades & the loss of tobacco sales become less of a factor.
No change to the price target of $180.
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $147.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- 1st Constitution Bancorp (FCCY) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!