Costco Wholesale (COST): Membership Fee Increase Drives EPS raise - BMO
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Kelly Bania, reiterated her Outperform rating on shares of Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) after the company reported F4Q16 EPS of $1.77, slightly better than expected at first glance but in line considering a $0.04 tax benefit. The analyst thinks this will be well received given the volatile food deflation backdrop.
Costco also announced it is raising key International membership fees by 10%, and the analyst believes that a U.S./Canada fee hike remains a possibility in early/mid-2017. Benefits from the credit card transition are starting to accrue which would be another positive for the company.
The analyst raised EPS modestly due to the membership fee increase.
No change to the price target of $180.
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $147.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- T-Mobile (TMUS) PT Raised to $46 at Nomura, Remains Sidelined
- Visa (V) PT Trimmed to $93 at Stifel With Initial 2017 Guidance a Touch Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!