Costco Wholesale (COST): Membership Fee Increase Drives EPS raise - BMO
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Kelly Bania, reiterated her Outperform rating on shares of Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) after the company reported F4Q16 EPS of $1.77, slightly better than expected at first glance but in line considering a $0.04 tax benefit. The analyst thinks this will be well received given the volatile food deflation backdrop.
Costco also announced it is raising key International membership fees by 10%, and the analyst believes that a U.S./Canada fee hike remains a possibility in early/mid-2017. Benefits from the credit card transition are starting to accrue which would be another positive for the company.
The analyst raised EPS modestly due to the membership fee increase.
No change to the price target of $180.
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $147.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Resumes Costco Wholesale (COST) at Buy
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Moog (MOG-A) at Hold
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!