Costco Wholesale (COST): A Little Disappointing - Piper Jaffray
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Sean Naughton, reiterated his Overweight rating on Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) despite being "a little disappointed" with Costco's same store sales results in August.
The company reported a 2% core comp number and flat reported figure to account for the 2.25% negative impact from gas price deflation. In addition, traffic fell to 2.33%, down from 3.25% last month despite a slightly easier comparison.
The analyst stated "While we have documented the many challenges of consumer staples retailers, we thought Costco was getting back on track with improving trends in June and July, but we were a little too optimistic".
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $162.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alcobra (ADHD) PT Cut to $1.50 at Piper Jaffray as MDX P3 Misses
- Baird Cuts Price Target on GameStop (GME) Following Holiday Results
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades Verisk Analytics (VRSK) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!