Costco Wholesale (COST): "Slightly More Cautious" On August Comps - Nomura
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Jessica Schoen Mace, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) ahead of August sales results on Wednesday, August 31, at 9pm ET. The analyst is comfortable with underlying trends at the company, but she took this opportunity to slightly lower the 4Q16 comp estimate from 1.0% to 0.0% given the company’s somewhat soft sales result in July as well as read-throughs from recent retail earnings results.
The analyst is looking for comp sales in August of ~1%, including a U.S. comp ex-gas of 3–5%. In conjunction with reported comp sales in June and July of 0.0% and (2.0%). For the quarter, overall company comp should come in at 0.0% and the analyst is cutting the 4Q16 EPS estimate to $1.75 from $1.79.
The analyst stated "we take a slightly more cautious stance heading into 4Q results given the generally pressured traffic trends we have seen across the broader retail landscape this quarter, largely stemming from the highly competitive environment and the shift to online".
No change to the price target of $185.00
Shares of Costco Wholesale closed at $167.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
- Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST)
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!