Cost Cuts and Potential Kraft-Heinz (KHC) Bid Could Be Next for Mondelez (MDLZ) - RBC
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Palmer said while Mondelez could look for other acquisitions, they continue to believe the company will drive earnings growth through internal cost measures ahead of a potential acquisition bid by Kraft-Heinz (NYSE: KHC).
"While we cannot know for certain what motivated Mondelez to attempt this deal now, we suspect the company did believe it had somewhat of a chance to acquire one of the world's most sought after CPG assets amid a time of extraordinary pressure to create shareholder value," he commented.
He added, "Mondelez remains a significant under-earner in US Food ('16E EBIT margin 15.4% versus sector average 17.5%) and, in our view, remains the most logical next acquisition target of 3G Capital-controlled Kraft-Heinz. While global category growth has slowed modestly (baseline sales in measured channels down 0.4% in the 12 weeks ending 8/13 versus up 1.8% in the 12 weeks ending 5/21), the company still participates in growth ~2pp higher than peers amid a favorable cost environment, providing clear line of sight to differentiated long-term top- and bottom-line growth."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and $54 price target on Mondelez.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
- Wunderlich Securities Starts Flowers Foods (FLo) at Buy, Says Long-Term Growth Story Is Intact
- Carnegie Still Interested in magicJack VocalTec (CALL) Bid
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!