Corrections Corporation of America (CXW) Raised to Buy at SunTrust as Sentiment Seen as 'Overly Negative'
- Stock futures rise as flurry of deal activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices fall as Iraq resists joining output cut
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 12, 2016 10:01 AM EDT)
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey upgraded Corrections Corporation of America (NYSE: CXW) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $20. Despite political risk, analyst Tobey Sommer, thinks sentiment is overly negative.
"We believe that sentiment is overly negative and that the risk-reward is favorable despite acknowledging large political risk," said Sommer. "Our new conservative estimates assume the ICE family processing contract is cut in half to 10% of total company EBITDA from 20% currently, BOP business is phased out over multiple years (despite expecting near-term contract renewals), and CA out-of-state business is canceled in 2017. Dividends could equal $3.85 over 3 yrs or 29% of the current share price (at 80% payout of AFFO)."
The analyst added, "We are elevating CXW shares to Buy on an expectation for: (1) a continued double-digit dividend payout; and (2) positive news flow to be mixed into the heretofore uniformly negative news of the last two months. We lower our 2017 AFFO estimate to $1.70 from $1.89 and established estimates of $1.61 in 2018 and $1.50 in 2019. We now assume that out-of-state business with CA goes to zero resulting from Prop 57 and BOP business approaches zero by 2019."
Shares of Corrections Corporation of America closed at $13.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on FMC Technologies (FTI) After Adjusting Estimates
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Macquarie Upgrades Comcast Corp (CMCSA) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!