Corning (GLW): TVs Driving Upside To Glass Demand - Susquehana
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Susquehanna analyst, Mehdi Hosseini, reiterated his Positive rating on shares of Corning (NYSE: GLW) and raised his price target to $27.00 from $25.00 following recent checks that suggest the migration to larger screen size thinner TVs are tracking better than prior expectations, and thus driving upside to glass unit demand expectations. This, combined with benign ASP decline, bodes well for Corning's Glass business unit which accounts for the majority of the company's operating margin.
The analyst also expects modest upside to Optical Communication because he believes that data centers are flushing their 2016 cap-ex budgets in 2H16 given the incremental improvement in the overall demand environment.
These to issues lead to an increase in CY16/CY17 EPS estimates from $1.46/$1.62 to $1.48/$1.72, which is ahead of the current street consensus estimates of $1.42/$1.61,
Shares of Corning closed at $23.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!