Corning (GLW): TVs Driving Upside To Glass Demand - Susquehana
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Susquehanna analyst, Mehdi Hosseini, reiterated his Positive rating on shares of Corning (NYSE: GLW) and raised his price target to $27.00 from $25.00 following recent checks that suggest the migration to larger screen size thinner TVs are tracking better than prior expectations, and thus driving upside to glass unit demand expectations. This, combined with benign ASP decline, bodes well for Corning's Glass business unit which accounts for the majority of the company's operating margin.
The analyst also expects modest upside to Optical Communication because he believes that data centers are flushing their 2016 cap-ex budgets in 2H16 given the incremental improvement in the overall demand environment.
These to issues lead to an increase in CY16/CY17 EPS estimates from $1.46/$1.62 to $1.48/$1.72, which is ahead of the current street consensus estimates of $1.42/$1.61,
Shares of Corning closed at $23.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Sell on Corning (GLW) Following Solid 3Q
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO) Following Announced Eagle Ford Shale Acquisition
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!