Conatus Pharmaceuticals (CNAT): Jumping On The Zika Train - FBR
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital analyst, Vernon Bernadino, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: CNAT) after research published in the journal Nature Medicine by scientists at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and its collaborators showed that emricasan, a small molecule, pan caspase inhibitor in Phase II development for liver cirrhosis (LC) by Conatus Pharmaceuticals, is effective in reducing the ability of Zika virus (ZIKV) to kill brain cells.
The analyst has no knowledge of any further clinical activities with emricasan in ZIKV; however, the results pose an intriguing and positive development for Conatus, as interest in emricasan by the broader medical community could accelerate its path to regulatory approval.
No change to the price target of $16.
Shares of Conatus Pharmaceuticals closed at $2.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roth Affirms Applied Genetic Tech (AGTC) at 'Neutral' Amid CNGA3 IND Filing; Application Expands Present Pipeline
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $65 Following 3Q
- Baird Remains Sidelined on Seagate Technology (STX) Following 1Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!