Conatus Pharmaceuticals (CNAT): Jumping On The Zika Train - FBR
- Wall Street set to open higher; Dow to hit record level
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/06: (TXMD) (IL) (GPRO) Higher; (SB) (MIK) (CMG) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital analyst, Vernon Bernadino, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: CNAT) after research published in the journal Nature Medicine by scientists at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and its collaborators showed that emricasan, a small molecule, pan caspase inhibitor in Phase II development for liver cirrhosis (LC) by Conatus Pharmaceuticals, is effective in reducing the ability of Zika virus (ZIKV) to kill brain cells.
The analyst has no knowledge of any further clinical activities with emricasan in ZIKV; however, the results pose an intriguing and positive development for Conatus, as interest in emricasan by the broader medical community could accelerate its path to regulatory approval.
No change to the price target of $16.
Shares of Conatus Pharmaceuticals closed at $2.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TherapeuticsMD (TXMD): Positive TX-001HR Data Supports Market Potential - Guggenheim
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) to $145 Following Investor Day
- BTIG Downgrades Essent Group (ESNT) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!