Computer Sciences (CSC): Expectations Too Low For The HPE Business - Jefferies
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Jason Kupferberg, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Computer Sciences (NYSE: CSC) and believes the HPE deal accretion is "nowhere near fully captured in shares" and that a combination of upcoming deal-related filings and an Analyst Day can be positive catalysts in C4Q and C1Q.
The analyst believes that the HPE ES deal can be roughly 100% accretive to EPS, and shares are significantly undervalued. In Exhibit 1, the analyst reiterates his base case analysis for the CSC/HPE ES merger, which suggests the transaction could be 102% accretive to year 1 Newco EPS. He notes this base case assumes a 5% revenue decline for the Newco, and no upside to CSC's initial gross cost synergy targets ($1B in year 1, growing to $1.5B in year 2). The analyst believes this could be beatable even on a net basis (after reinvestment) based on management's track record. If the year 1 Newco EPS estimate of $6.71 proves correct, shares of CSC are trading at just 7.2x, which he views as significantly undervalued.
HPE is expected to file a Form 10 with the SEC not too long after its FY end of 10/31, and this will include carved out financials for the Enterprise Services business which HPE has agreed to merge with CSC. Around the same time, CSC should file an S-4, providing historical pro forma financials for the combined Newco.
No change to the price target of $63 based on the value of core CSC (11x C17 EPS of $3.22), plus the pro forma value of HPE ES (8x projected year 1 EPS accretion of $3.38).
Shares of Computer Sciences closed at $48.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- AEP Industries (AEPI) Shareholders Vote in Favor of Berry Plastics (BERY) Merger Plan
- Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Entered Confidentiality Agreement with Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Pertaining to BCEI's Chapter 11 Proceeding
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!