Coherent, Inc. (COHR): Raising Estimates On Rofin Acquisition - Needham
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst, James Racchiuti, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Coherent (NASDAQ: COHR) and raised the price target to $145 after the company hosted a call to provide updated guidance following the completion of its acquisition of Rofin-Sinar. Layering in the lower-margin Rofin business will result in lower gross margin and operating margins for the combined business. However, the analyst believes the acquisition will still be solidly accretive on a non-GAAP basis.
COHR’s near-term prospects should continue to be driven by the conversion of its sizable multi-year OLED-related backlog, which the analyst estimates at around $700M. Longer term, assuming COHR executes on the integration, the addition of Rofin should provide greater balance to COHR by opening up the material processing market as a much larger vertical and giving the company meaningful exposure to fiber lasers.
For this reason, the analyst raised estimates for F17 and F18, driving up the PT to $145 from $130.
Shares of Coherent closed at $125.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!