Cognizant (CTSH) Bullish View Maintained at Needham & Company Amid Sell-Off
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst Mayank Tandon reiterated a Buy rating and $68 price target on Cognizant Technology Solutions (NASDAQ: CTSH) after the company announced: 1) President Gordon Coburn has resigned and will be replaced by Rajeev Mehta, who currently serves as the CEO of IT services for the company 2) the company has launched an internal investigation into potential improper payments that were made in relation to Indian facilities.
Shares are down 14% amid the news.
Tandon commented, "While the resignation is sudden and Gordon Coburn has played an instrumental role in CTSH's long-term success, we believe that the company’s deep bench and experienced executive team, including Rajeev Mehta, should allow for a relatively smooth transition with limited disruption and distraction internally. Given the early stage and scarcity of detail on the payments investigation, it does not currently alter our forward-looking view of the stock, but we will continue to monitor the situation. We attribute the fall in the stock today more to the investigation than the resignation itself, though investors may be concerned that the two events are related."
Shares of Cognizant Technology Solutions closed at $55.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Downgrades Vascular Solutions (VASC) to Hold Amid Takeover
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- GPM Reminds Investors of the December 5th Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!