Cogent Communication (CCOI): Volume Discounts Should Drive Elasticity - Oppenheimer
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Timothy Horan, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Cogent Communications (NASDAQ: CCOI) after the company reported a mixed 2Q16 with strong customer growth, but weak IP transit pricing. These trends drove revenue of $110M, below expectations and EBITDA margins of 31.8% which also missed. Transit pricing was impacted by volume discounts (which likely lowered NFLX revenue 1%). However, the analyst views this as a positive due to expected elasticity/incremental sequential traffic growth.
2Q tends to be CCOI's weakest quarter in terms of sales productivity, and despite tough comps next quarter, the analyst continues to expect over 13% growth YoY on the corporate side. Yielding 4%, and with FCF growing by 20%+, the analyst thinks that the stock pullback is a good buying opportunity with buybacks likely resuming.
No change to the price target of $45.00
Shares of Cogent Communications closed at $36.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!