CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) Results Reduce Clinical and Regulatory Risk - Piper Jaffray
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Charles C. Duncan reiterated an Overweight rating and $21 price target on CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: CLCD) after the company announced a successful outcome in its first Phase III with acute migraine candidate lasmitidan. In this study (SAMURAI), both doses achieved the primary endpoint of freedom from headache pain, while also demonstrating good tolerability.
Duncan commented, "The proportion of patients achieving headache pain freedom is at least as good as our/investor expectations and, in our view, represents a clinically meaningful signal in the population studied. In addition, rates of dizziness appear lower than Phase II and there continues to be no evidence of CV risk from lasmi’, which we believe will differentiate the drug in addressing the unmet need of migraineurs with CV risk. In advance of CoLucid’s full presentation at EHMTIC, we see these results as a strong endorsement of the clinical potential of lasmi', with predictive value for its second Phase III and regulatory progreess. We overall see the results as reducing clinical and regulatory risk and reiterate OW."
Shares of CoLucid Pharmaceuticals closed at $10.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
- RBC Capital Upgrades 3M (MMM) to Sector Perform
- Wedbush Downgrades Synchrony Financial (SYF) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!