Clovis Oncology (CLVS) PT Raised to $19 at Credit Suisse as Priority Review/Label Are Best Case Scenario
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Credit Suisse analyst K. MacKay reiterated a Neutral rating and raised its price target on Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ: CLVS) to $19.00 (from $14.00) announced the FDA has accepted its rucaparib NDA submission in 3L g/sBRCA+ ovarian cancer and has been granted priority review with a Feb 23, 2017 PDUFA date. The firm views the potential label (3L) and priority review status are best case scenarios.
MacKay commented, "his potential indication could put rucaparib ahead of AZN's Lynparza (4L gBRCA+ treatment), though behind TSRO's niraparib (2L maintenance; potential approval in 2017) in the ovarian cancer treatment paradigm. We increase our g/sBRCA+ launch rate and PoS in 3L+ ovarian cancer to 90% from 60%, resulting in our +$5 TP increase. Our calculations suggest an ARIEL2p2 ORR of ~41% in g/sBRCA+ ovarian cancer patients with 3-4 prior therapies below our prior estimates of an ARIEL2p2 BRCA+ ORR of 49%. We estimate a ~31% ORR in platinumresistant/refractory patients in ARIEL2p2. We remain NEUTRAL-rated and await data presentation at ESMO to get a better understanding of rucaparib's competitive profile vs. Lynparza's 34% ORR in patients with greater than or equal to 3 prior therapies (median of 5 prior lines of therapy). We are raising our 2017-2018 EPS estimates to ($5.09)/($3.16) from ($5.27)/($3.69) respectively."
Shares of Clovis Oncology closed at $23.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Chardan Capital Markets Starts Clovis Oncology (CLVS) at 'Sell' With Price Target of $15
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!