Clearside Biomedical (CLSD): Notes From Expert Call - Wedbush
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Wedbush analyst, Liana Moussatos, reiterated her Outperform rating on shares of Clearside Biomedical (NASDAQ: CLSD) after hosting an expert call with Dr. Seenu Hariprasad from the University of Chicago who has direct experience with SCS delivery and Clearside’s clinical product candidates.
Ms Moussatos noted "Dr. Hariprasad focused on drug candidates which reduce treatment burden and improve safety while maintaining or improving efficacy. In Phase 2, Clearside’s Zuprata has already demonstrated reduced treatment burden with 60% fewer injections of Eylea in combination with Zuprata for macular edema associated with retinal vein occlusion (ME-RVO). In addition, Zuprata improved safety (no drug-related elevation in IOP or cataracts in either Phase 2 trial) with equal to or better efficacy in terms of reducing retinal thickness and rapidly and durably improving visual acuity in both Phase 2 trials for macular edema associated with non-infectious uveitis (ME-NIU) and for ME-RVO."
The analyst further stated "He sees the potential for Clearside’s proprietary SCS-microinjector to improve drug delivery (and standard of care) for treating wet AMD, diabetic macular edema (DME), and glaucoma. Based on his peer retinal specialists rapidly trying new and improved products, he anticipates broad use of Zuprata about 6-12 months after potential approval (if reliably reimbursed) and recommends that Clearside pursue a new CPT code for SCS delivery as the current CPT 67028 code for intravitreal injections (IVT) is the most used of all medical specialties and he anticipates reduced reimbursement for this code in the future."
No change to the price target of $28.
Shares of Clearside Biomedical closed at $7.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
- 2017 Community Awards Honor Academic and Industry Leaders, Georgia Power, UGA Research Center
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesLiana Moussatos
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!