Ciena (CIEN): Cutting Ests To The Low On The Street Ahead Of Earnings - Needham
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Alex Henderson, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of CIENA (NYSE: CIEN) but is cautious on both results and guidance heading into the print. CIEN says demand remains robust, but the analyst is less confident.
Concerns include spending tightness at AT&T and the AT&T/TWX deal, a lack of expansion in the Verizon Metro builds, the Verizon/XO acquisition, and the Century Link/Level 3 transaction. The analyst believes the quarter guidance came late enough in the quarter that Ciena should meet estimates, but the guide could be weaker than Street forecasts. Ciena's insistence that it is not seeing the issues in Infinera’s results seems to have buckled under. Ciena could still be seeing softness.
No change to the price target of $30.
Shares of CIENA closed at $22.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
- Oclaro (OCLR): Preannouncement Positive And Margin Leverage Means More To Come - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!