Church & Dwight (CHD) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Jefferies; Issues Seen as Transitory
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst Kevin Grundy lowered estimates and his price target on Church & Dwight Co. Inc. (NYSE: CHD) to $53.00 (from $59.00) but maintained a Buy rating. The analyst said transitory issues weighed on Q3 results.
Grundy commented, "Despite in-line EPS of $0.47, CHD's 3Q wasn't its finest with 1.2% org sales falling short of Street est. (+2.5%) driven by the unfavorable impact from falling milk prices on the non-core SPD biz (~100 bps of miss). 3Q shortfall was transitory (reflected by in-line FY17 EPS guide) and we see today's sell-off as overdone with shares at 19.5x EV/ULFCF (10% disc. to staples). PT to $53."
FY 2016 EPS goes from $1.80 to $1.75 and FY 2017 EPS from $1.96 to $1.89.
Shares of Church & Dwight Co. Inc. closed at $44.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!