Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Numbers Cut at Goldman Sachs on Reduced Chiptopia Benefit
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Goldman Sachs lowered comp estimates and its price target on Neutral-rated Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) to $395.00 (from $445.00) on a slowing Chiptopia benefit.
Analyst Karen Holthouse notes that while Chiptopia did drive increased web/app traffic in July, search trends continue to show a sharp drop-off in August.
"Given signs of a reduced benefit from Chiptopia in August, we trim our F4Q comp estimate to down 21.4% from down 18.4% and versus consensus of down 17.7%. We are also trimming the recovery momentum in forward estimates and now forecast a down 5.0% comp in 4Q."
The firm reduces 2016/2018 EPS estimates by 20-38% to $2.26/$7.65/$12.08, respectively.
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $400.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!