Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Numbers Cut at Goldman Sachs on Reduced Chiptopia Benefit
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Goldman Sachs lowered comp estimates and its price target on Neutral-rated Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) to $395.00 (from $445.00) on a slowing Chiptopia benefit.
Analyst Karen Holthouse notes that while Chiptopia did drive increased web/app traffic in July, search trends continue to show a sharp drop-off in August.
"Given signs of a reduced benefit from Chiptopia in August, we trim our F4Q comp estimate to down 21.4% from down 18.4% and versus consensus of down 17.7%. We are also trimming the recovery momentum in forward estimates and now forecast a down 5.0% comp in 4Q."
The firm reduces 2016/2018 EPS estimates by 20-38% to $2.26/$7.65/$12.08, respectively.
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $400.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Downgrades Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) to Neutral
- Citi Downgrades Blackhawk Network (HAWK) to Neutral
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on WPX Energy (WPX) Following Delaware Basin Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!