Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Numbers Cut at Goldman Sachs on Reduced Chiptopia Benefit
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/29: (MENT) (CEMP) (COST) Higher; (CAMP) (ABUS) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Goldman Sachs lowered comp estimates and its price target on Neutral-rated Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) to $395.00 (from $445.00) on a slowing Chiptopia benefit.
Analyst Karen Holthouse notes that while Chiptopia did drive increased web/app traffic in July, search trends continue to show a sharp drop-off in August.
"Given signs of a reduced benefit from Chiptopia in August, we trim our F4Q comp estimate to down 21.4% from down 18.4% and versus consensus of down 17.7%. We are also trimming the recovery momentum in forward estimates and now forecast a down 5.0% comp in 4Q."
The firm reduces 2016/2018 EPS estimates by 20-38% to $2.26/$7.65/$12.08, respectively.
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $400.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on BlackBerry (BBRY) Following 2Q Beat
- Disney (DIS): Cutting EPS To A Y/Y Decline - UBS
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX): Reducing Estimates But See Upside To Lower Expectations - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!