Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Numbers Cut at Goldman Sachs on Reduced Chiptopia Benefit
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Goldman Sachs lowered comp estimates and its price target on Neutral-rated Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) to $395.00 (from $445.00) on a slowing Chiptopia benefit.
Analyst Karen Holthouse notes that while Chiptopia did drive increased web/app traffic in July, search trends continue to show a sharp drop-off in August.
"Given signs of a reduced benefit from Chiptopia in August, we trim our F4Q comp estimate to down 21.4% from down 18.4% and versus consensus of down 17.7%. We are also trimming the recovery momentum in forward estimates and now forecast a down 5.0% comp in 4Q."
The firm reduces 2016/2018 EPS estimates by 20-38% to $2.26/$7.65/$12.08, respectively.
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $400.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!