Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Numbers Cut at Goldman Sachs on Reduced Chiptopia Benefit
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Goldman Sachs lowered comp estimates and its price target on Neutral-rated Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) to $395.00 (from $445.00) on a slowing Chiptopia benefit.
Analyst Karen Holthouse notes that while Chiptopia did drive increased web/app traffic in July, search trends continue to show a sharp drop-off in August.
"Given signs of a reduced benefit from Chiptopia in August, we trim our F4Q comp estimate to down 21.4% from down 18.4% and versus consensus of down 17.7%. We are also trimming the recovery momentum in forward estimates and now forecast a down 5.0% comp in 4Q."
The firm reduces 2016/2018 EPS estimates by 20-38% to $2.26/$7.65/$12.08, respectively.
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $400.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!