Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Estimates, Valuation Range Cut at Wells Fargo as Lackluster Sales Persist
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst Jeff Farmer lowered estimates and his valuation range on Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) to $440-460 from $500-520 as a lackluster SSS recovery persists.
Farmer commented, "Investor patience is understandably wearing thin as Chipotle’s SSS recovery pace has fallen well behind that of prior food safety case studies –we acknowledge the stock’s mounting valuation premium on falling Street estimates, but remain constructive with CMG’s management potentially reaching a tipping point in the pursuit of more aggressive turnaround efforts. CMG is scheduled to report 3Q16 earnings on 10/25 after the market close. We’ve modeled -20% same-store sales (SSS, Street at -18%) and $1.63 Q316E EPS (Street at $1.65). Lowering 2016E EPS to $4.02 from $4.86 and 2017E to $10.77 from $12.70 to reflect our expectation for a more modest pace of average unit volume recovery in coming quarters. Lowering valuation range to $440-460 from $500-520."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating.
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $393.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!