Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Estimates, Valuation Range Cut at Wells Fargo as Lackluster Sales Persist
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst Jeff Farmer lowered estimates and his valuation range on Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) to $440-460 from $500-520 as a lackluster SSS recovery persists.
Farmer commented, "Investor patience is understandably wearing thin as Chipotle’s SSS recovery pace has fallen well behind that of prior food safety case studies –we acknowledge the stock’s mounting valuation premium on falling Street estimates, but remain constructive with CMG’s management potentially reaching a tipping point in the pursuit of more aggressive turnaround efforts. CMG is scheduled to report 3Q16 earnings on 10/25 after the market close. We’ve modeled -20% same-store sales (SSS, Street at -18%) and $1.63 Q316E EPS (Street at $1.65). Lowering 2016E EPS to $4.02 from $4.86 and 2017E to $10.77 from $12.70 to reflect our expectation for a more modest pace of average unit volume recovery in coming quarters. Lowering valuation range to $440-460 from $500-520."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating.
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $393.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!