Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG): Cutting Estimates After Weak Consumer Survey - RBC
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, David Palmer, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) but cut his price target to $465 from $485 after reviewing data from a consumer survey which show a stabilized brand perception--but one that is stubbornly well below precrisis levels. A stronger recovery in consumer perception and pricing power could lead to a $595 upside scenario however, there is now a path to a lower $465 base case target.
Ahead of 3Q16 results, the analyst cut 2016 and 2017 EPS estimates from $4.59 and 12.04 to $3.54 (-77% YOY; cons. $3.67) and $10.42 (+194% YOY; cons. $10.10), respectively. The new 3Q SSS growth estimate of -20% (vs. -18% previously and -18% cons.) implies only modest sequential improvement over 2Q.
The new $465 price target equates to 32x the analyst's 2018e EPS estimate of $14.37 (+28% YOY; cons. $14.16).
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $394.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on VCA Antech (WOOF) Following 3Q Miss
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!