Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG): Cutting Estimates After Weak Consumer Survey - RBC
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst, David Palmer, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) but cut his price target to $465 from $485 after reviewing data from a consumer survey which show a stabilized brand perception--but one that is stubbornly well below precrisis levels. A stronger recovery in consumer perception and pricing power could lead to a $595 upside scenario however, there is now a path to a lower $465 base case target.
Ahead of 3Q16 results, the analyst cut 2016 and 2017 EPS estimates from $4.59 and 12.04 to $3.54 (-77% YOY; cons. $3.67) and $10.42 (+194% YOY; cons. $10.10), respectively. The new 3Q SSS growth estimate of -20% (vs. -18% previously and -18% cons.) implies only modest sequential improvement over 2Q.
The new $465 price target equates to 32x the analyst's 2018e EPS estimate of $14.37 (+28% YOY; cons. $14.16).
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill closed at $394.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Restaurant Brands (QSR) to $54
- UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!