Chevron (CVX): Top Integrated Pick at Jefferies
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Jason Gammel, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Chevron (NYSE: CVX) and raised his price target to $120 from $116 after 3Q16 adjusted EPS of $0.49 soundly beat consensus of $0.37. The Gorgon LNG project achieved full capacity at train 1 and started production at train 2. The value of the company's Permian acreage is at least $37b.
The analyst stated "Chevron remains our top pick in the integrated oil sector. We believe that the inflection in the company’s cash cycle, as capital expenditures recede while production growth from high margin barrels concurrently kicks in will drive significant outperformance".
The company currently trades at 8.3x 2017 EV/DACF versus super-major peers at 8.9x but the analyst believes the cash cycle improvements warrant a premium versus the peer group average.
Shares of Chevron closed at $103.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $42
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!