Chesapeake Energy (CHK) PT Raised to $7 at Credit Suisse
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings kick into high gear
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Credit Suisse analyst Mark Lear raised his price target on Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK) to $7.00 (from $4.00) but maintained a Neutral rating following last weeks analyst day.
Lear commented, "We maintain our Neutral rating and raise our TP to $7 (from $4) following CHK’s analyst day in OKC last week, where the company showcased the long term growth potential from its asset base and the ability to further deleverage the balance sheet. The company has come a long way through a tough cycle, from early 2016 when there was serious doubt of the company’s ability to survive to now, with management making a legitimate case CHK should be back in consideration for a place in the portfolio. We adjust our 2017/2018 EPS estimates to $0.46/$1.07 (from $0.49/$0.77) as we account for 4Q16 asset sales impacting 2017 volumes, and raise our 2018 growth projection driven by Haynesville and Oswego."
Shares of Chesapeake Energy closed at $6.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Halliburton (HAL) PT Lowered to $60 at Credit Suisse; Reiterates Outperform
- UPDATE: Macquarie Downgrades Alliant Energy (LNT) to Neutral
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Columbia Property Trust (CXP) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!