Chardan Capital Markets Starts Astrotech Corporation (ASTC) at Buy
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Chardan Capital Markets initiates coverage on Astrotech Corporation (NASDAQ: ASTC) with a Buy rating and a price target of $5.00.
Analyst James McIlree commented, "We are initiating coverage of Astrotech Corporation with a Buy recommendation and a $5 price target. Astrotech owns three diverse technology companies each with potentially disruptive technology, each addressing large markets and whose total value, we believe, is not reflected in today’s share price. As the company’s technology is developed and monetized, we expect the shares to increase and reflect the value of the company’s portfolio. The company’s market cap is approximately $36 million but with almost $26 million in cash, short-term and liquid long-term investments enterprise value is close to $10 million.
Astrotech’s three portfolio companies are 1st Detect, Astral Images and Astrogenetix. 1st Detect has developed chemical detection and analysis instrumentation for the explosives detection market used at airports, public places and by the military for a variety of applications. Astrogenetix is a biotechnology company using the International Space Station to develop vaccines and is now working on filing an IND for a salmonella vaccine. Astral Images was created to commercialize satellite image correction technologies originally funded by the US government but now targets the media industry."
Shares of Astrotech Corporation closed at $1.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Chardan Capital Markets Reiterates Buy on Eyegate Pharma (EYEG) Following Study Results
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesChardan Capital Markets, James McIlree
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!