Chardan Capital Markets Reiterates Buy on Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Following 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Chardan Capital Markets reiterated a Buy rating and $10.00 price target on Vuzix Corp. (NASDAQ: VUZI) following the company's 3Q earnings report. The company is also finishing up approvals for the M300 and expects to begin volume shipments as early as this month in the US and Europe. VUZI believes that the market for the M300 is “at least” 10 times
larger than the M100 and the roll-out of the M300 will be much faster than the M100 because of the greater reach of the company’s distribution and a more evolved ecosystem of applications.
Analyst James McIlree commented, "Vuzix shares were off yesterday after the company reported Q3 revenue a bit better than expected. We view the dip as an attractive entry point for the shares. Our thesis on the stock is unchanged: 1) the company is the leader in the nascent smart glasses space. 2) the technology has the potential to transform and increase productivity in many different industries 3) the technology can become the basis for a new consumer and business platform for communications and 4) because of the above the potential market is extremely large and has driven private market valuations for companies in the space to multi-billion dollar levels. For instance, Oculus Rift was acquired for $2.3 billion and Magic Leap’s last round was at a $4.5 billion valuation."
Shares of Vuzix Corp. closed at $7.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Chardan Capital Markets, James McIlree
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!