Cerus (CERS) Should Benefit From FDA Revised Zika Guidance - FBR
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FBR Capital analyst, Thomas Yip, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Cerus (NASDAQ: CERS) after the FDA issued revised industry guidance last Friday (August 26, 2016) for reducing the risk of Zika virus (ZIKV) transmission. The analyst thinks that the agency's tightening requirements for blood providers in response to a potential ZIKV outbreak are likely to evolve into a higher safety standard for the industry in the long run.
The primary objective of the revised guidance is to safeguard whole blood and individual blood components collected in all U.S. states and U.S. territories against ZIKV in the immediate time frame. However, he thinks the speed of implementation mandated for blood providers signals the FDA's increasing emphasis on safeguarding the U.S. blood supply at the point of collection, could lead to increased INTERCEPT adoption in a longer time horizon.
No change to the price target of $10.00
Shares of Cerus closed at $6.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Microsoft (MSFT) Following Strong 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!