CenturyLink (CTL): Merger Is Not Transformative, Keeping Sell Like Rating - Jefferies
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Mike McCormack, reiterated his Underperform rating on shares of CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) and cut his price target to $20 from $24.
Despite the announced merger with LVLT, the analyst remains cautious on shares of CTL. The deal can prove to be highly accretive but the combination falls short in transforming the business as the enterprise market remains highly competitive and price sensitive. Synergies and taxes should prove beneficial to the dividend near-term, but do not provide a path for long term sustainability.
Shares of CenturyLink, Inc. closed at $26.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!