Cara Therapeutics (CARA): Notes From Management Meeting - Piper Jaffray
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Charles Duncan, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CARA) after meeting with management and returning encouraged by the growing clinical momentum of its novel pain and pruritus platform. Good enrollment progress on the Phase III 3001 in acute pain and Phase II/III in uremic pruritus addresses investor concerns and points to meaningful interims for both trials in the next 6-9 months.
On the lead 3001 program, the analyst expects IV’845 to demonstrate favorable safety, including CNS side effects, as well as therapeutic activity in terms of pain control and reduction in opioid use at the go-forward doses. These results would support our views on the differentiated clinical profile of IV’845 vs approved options for post-op pain, and potentially trigger initiation of a second Phase III.
The next key catalysts for the company are data-driven clinical progress from both the IV and oral ‘845 programs during 1H17. No change to the price target of $16.
Shares of Cara Therapeutics closed at $7.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!