Cara Therapeutics (CARA): Notes From Management Meeting - Piper Jaffray
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Charles Duncan, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CARA) after meeting with management and returning encouraged by the growing clinical momentum of its novel pain and pruritus platform. Good enrollment progress on the Phase III 3001 in acute pain and Phase II/III in uremic pruritus addresses investor concerns and points to meaningful interims for both trials in the next 6-9 months.
On the lead 3001 program, the analyst expects IV’845 to demonstrate favorable safety, including CNS side effects, as well as therapeutic activity in terms of pain control and reduction in opioid use at the go-forward doses. These results would support our views on the differentiated clinical profile of IV’845 vs approved options for post-op pain, and potentially trigger initiation of a second Phase III.
The next key catalysts for the company are data-driven clinical progress from both the IV and oral ‘845 programs during 1H17. No change to the price target of $16.
Shares of Cara Therapeutics closed at $7.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $150.00 at BMO Capital; Keeps 'Market Perform'
- UPDATE: SunTrust Starts Mercury Computer (MRCY) at Buy
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts TransDigm (TDG) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!