Cantor Fitzgerald Says Arrowhead Pharma's (ARWR) RNAi Deal with Amgen Validates Platform; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The firm commented on Thursday,
We believe the deal and its terms validate the Arrowhead platform marking perhaps the rekindling of interest by larger companies in RNAi.
Following the liver safety signals announced yesterday afternoon by Alnylam's ALN-AAT program, we do not see liver safety concerns with Arrowhead's ARC-AAT. In a healthy volunteer study, Alnylam observed dose dependent liver enzyme elevations with doses from 3mg/ kg to 6mg/kg. Arrowhead, on the other hand, has moved forward to Phase 1/2 trial in patients, following a clean safety profile in healthy subjects at even higher doses than 6mg/kg. Alnylam (ALNY, Not Covered) claims a sequence specific issue, but we cannot rule out a possibility that the issue is broader, chemistrybased for them. Regardless, Arrowhead is now clearly in the lead by at least 2-3 years with their AAT program, the firm noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesCantor Fitzgerald
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!