Cantor Fitzgerald Says Arrowhead Pharma's (ARWR) RNAi Deal with Amgen Validates Platform; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Wall Street lower as oil snaps four-day rally
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
The firm commented on Thursday,
We believe the deal and its terms validate the Arrowhead platform marking perhaps the rekindling of interest by larger companies in RNAi.
Following the liver safety signals announced yesterday afternoon by Alnylam's ALN-AAT program, we do not see liver safety concerns with Arrowhead's ARC-AAT. In a healthy volunteer study, Alnylam observed dose dependent liver enzyme elevations with doses from 3mg/ kg to 6mg/kg. Arrowhead, on the other hand, has moved forward to Phase 1/2 trial in patients, following a clean safety profile in healthy subjects at even higher doses than 6mg/kg. Alnylam (ALNY, Not Covered) claims a sequence specific issue, but we cannot rule out a possibility that the issue is broader, chemistrybased for them. Regardless, Arrowhead is now clearly in the lead by at least 2-3 years with their AAT program, the firm noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TherapeuticsMD (TXMD): Positive TX-001HR Data Supports Market Potential - Guggenheim
- Cantor Fitzgerald Downgrades Arrowhead Research (ARWR) to Hold
- Wedbush Downgrades Select Comfort (SCSS) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesCantor Fitzgerald
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!