Cantor Fitzgerald Defends Corbus Pharmaceuticals (CRBP) Following Short Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Elemer Piros came out to defend Corbus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: CRBP), which is down 22% after the short thesis of an unnamed fund manager was telegraphed by TheStreet.
- Corbus shares are experiencing weakness this morning, due to a short thesis of an unnamed fund manager being telegraphed by a popular website (TheStreet.com).
- The article questions whether the CB2 receptor "does anything" in the body. The CB2 receptor is not a vestige, it has been named the "resolution receptor" in inflammation by scientists not affiliated with Corbus.
- The weak data in pain, gathered by previous sponsors, were cited. Everyone agrees, that it is not worth developing resunab for pain. Inflammation/fibrosis weren't invented by Corbus to pursue; strong animal data led them there.
- "Ibuprofen works better than resunab." The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation opted to finance the clinical trial for resunab, not ibuprofen.
- The short thesis ignores the recently published human skin model data, where resunab promoted resolution of inflammation, while NSAIDs (such as ibuprofen) did not.
"We are not 100% certain that resunab will work in all three of the indications currently pursued. However, if it fails in one of more indications, it won't fail for the reasons cited above," he said. The firm reiterated a Buy rating and price target of $17.00
Shares of Corbus Pharmaceuticals closed at $8.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) Price Target Cut to Street Low of $155 at Cowen
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- FDA Approves Boehringer Ingelheim's Jardiance to Reduce Cardiovascular Death in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes (LLY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCantor Fitzgerald
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!