Canaccord Says Apple's (AAPL) Second-Half Could Improve on New Products, But Robust User Base is Growth Driver
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Canaccord Genuity affirms Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) with a Buy rating and $109 price target following H116 analysis.
Analyst T. Michael Walkley commented today,
Apple captured strong share of the premium-tier global smartphone market during Q2/C2016 with 75% of industry profits but down from over 90% in Q1 due to Samsung improving profits driven by streamlining their product lines along with strong demand for the Galaxy S7. Also, our recent U.S. surveys indicate stronger high-end Samsung sales versus Apple during Q3/16 as consumers delay iPhone purchases ahead of the iPhone 7 launch and Samsung increases advertising and promotional activities.
Following a soft 1H/2016 for global premium tier smartphone sales, we expect improved results in 2H/2016 and C2017 with new smartphone introductions while Apple also continues to monetize the large installed iPhone base through services and other cross-sell opportunities. While our survey work indicates consumers have delayed upgrading or purchasing an iPhone the past several months, we expect the iPhone 7 and especially new iPhones in 2018 to reaccelerate iPhone sales.
We believe the 2015 iPhone installed base of 506M subscribers provides a larger base for Apple to monetize through additional products and services. Therefore, despite our expectations for down year-over-year iPhone sales for the next couple quarters, we believe the growing, loyal, and sticky iPhone installed base provides Apple with long-term opportunities to drive further top-line growth through additional products, services, and software sales, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canaccord Genuity Remains Bullish on Intel (INTC)
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Woodward (WWD) at Hold
- Skyworks' (SWKS) Apple-Supplier Peers on Watch Following Strong Q1 Print (CRUS) (QRVO)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCanaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!