Canaccord Says Apple's (AAPL) Second-Half Could Improve on New Products, But Robust User Base is Growth Driver
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Canaccord Genuity affirms Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) with a Buy rating and $109 price target following H116 analysis.
Analyst T. Michael Walkley commented today,
Apple captured strong share of the premium-tier global smartphone market during Q2/C2016 with 75% of industry profits but down from over 90% in Q1 due to Samsung improving profits driven by streamlining their product lines along with strong demand for the Galaxy S7. Also, our recent U.S. surveys indicate stronger high-end Samsung sales versus Apple during Q3/16 as consumers delay iPhone purchases ahead of the iPhone 7 launch and Samsung increases advertising and promotional activities.
Following a soft 1H/2016 for global premium tier smartphone sales, we expect improved results in 2H/2016 and C2017 with new smartphone introductions while Apple also continues to monetize the large installed iPhone base through services and other cross-sell opportunities. While our survey work indicates consumers have delayed upgrading or purchasing an iPhone the past several months, we expect the iPhone 7 and especially new iPhones in 2018 to reaccelerate iPhone sales.
We believe the 2015 iPhone installed base of 506M subscribers provides a larger base for Apple to monetize through additional products and services. Therefore, despite our expectations for down year-over-year iPhone sales for the next couple quarters, we believe the growing, loyal, and sticky iPhone installed base provides Apple with long-term opportunities to drive further top-line growth through additional products, services, and software sales, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canaccord Genuity Thinks Athleisure Apparel has Peaked and Cuts Lululemon (LULU) to 'Sell'
- Evercore ISI Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15 After Meeting with Management
- Benchmark Remains Bullish as Marcus Corporation (MCS) Announces Wehrenberg Theaters Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCanaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!