Canaccord Lifts PT on Splunk (SPLK) to $75; MGD Unit, Security Efforts Will Bolster Growth Prospects
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Canaccord Genuity boosts it price target on Buy-rated Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) from $65 up to $75 following Q2 results released Thursday night.
The firm commented today,
We expect SPLK shares to outperform the market over a 6+ month time frame as investors recognize that 1) the core MGD business has plenty of growth left, 2) the security effort will add to growth, and 3) the transition to cloud is a good thing because improves forward visibility. However, Wall Street’s ongoing infatuation with “calculated billings” apparently spooked after-hours traders as this figure decelerated on a sequential basis (but was essentially in line with our unguided guess). Eventually traders will understand the quite limited descriptive value of quarterly calculate billings, especially when deal duration is moving around in a model shift (as is happening at Splunk). We suppose the good news is that if our pre- and post-quarter belief that Splunk’s long-term fundamental outlook is very attractive, last night’s 7% sell-off represents a good buying opportunity.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
- Micron (MU) PT Raised to $25 at Brean Capital; Upbeat on Low Inventories
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCanaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!