Canaccord Genuity Trims PT on Cree (CREE) to $22; Continuing to Face Uphill Battle
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Canaccord Genuity lowers it price target on Hold-rated Cree (Nasdaq: CREE) from $24 to $22 following Q2 results.
Analyst Jed Dorsheimer commented,
Cree's sale of its Wolfspeed Power & RF segment will allow the company to focus on Cree 3.0, the company's initiative to become a more valuable LED lighting company. We continue to believe it will take some time for Cree to fully recover from weakness in commercial lighting. On the components side, while there have been some recent signs of pricing stabilization in the LED components market, it is too early to suggest a trend. With so few positive catalysts in sight and a difficult transition period underway, we maintain our HOLD rating and slightly lower our price target to $22 from $24.
Although we appreciate Cree's candid take on the market and the company's need to claw back wins in the lighting space (particularly in regards to channel access and project pipeline), the company is undoubtedly facing an uphill battle and we see no near-term relief. On the positive side, we could see an eventual recovery through M&A for channel access if management can prudently utilize the recently bolstered balance sheet, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- Stifel Boosts PT on Francesca's (FRAN) to $21; Notes Solid Start to Q4, Confident CEO Strategy
- Sigma Designs (SIGM): Revenue Headwinds Drive PT Cut - Baird
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCanaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!