Canaccord Genuity Cuts Price Target Following Acuity Brands' (AYI) 4Q Miss
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Canaccord Genuity maintained a Buy rating on Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI), and cut the price target to $286.00 (from $305.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. Revenues were $925.5M compared to the consensus estimate of $946.5M. EPS of $2.21 came in below the consensus of $2.40. Canaccord believes that this unusual miss appears to be a rare operational stumble and would use the recent weakness to begin and add to positions.
Analyst John Quealy commented, "Acuity continues to set the pace for aggressive growth and platform expansion across the broader lighting and energy efficiency marketplace. Longer term, the company’s tiered solutions sales (enabling building automation systems and IoT capabilities) are expected to grow at a rate similar to that of the company's LED & controls sales, which could result in notable upside and possible valuation multiple re-rating."
Shares of Acuity Brands closed at $242.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $144 at FBR Capital
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $66 at Morgan Stanley, Issues Mia Culpa On Negative Call Into Earnings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Canaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!