Cadence Designs (CDNS) Bullish Stance Reiterated at Piper Jaffray following DAC
- Market Wrap: Housing Starts Rip Higher in July; Allergan Fends-Off Takeover; Apple at All-Time Highs?;
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/19: (DGLY) (PETM) Higher; (RGSE) (HTZ) (LZB) Lower (more...)
- Apple (AAPL) Hits $100 ($700 Pre-Split)
- PetSmart (PETM) to Explore Strategic Alternatives, Including Possible Sale
- Allergan (AGN) Approached Salix Pharma (SLXP) - DJ
Piper Jaffray analyst Ruben Roy reiterated an Overweight rating and $21 price target on Cadence Designs (NASDAQ: CDNS) saying investors should buy the shares following their meetings with industry participants and EDA vendors at the Design Automation Conference.
Roy commented, "We attended the Design Automation Conference (DAC) and held meetings with public and private EDA companies as well as with
a number of semiconductor industry participants. We continue to see a diverse group of developing secular drivers to growth for the EDA companies, perhaps the most important of which is the increasing complexity of chip designs as process node shrinks continue at a rapid pace in conjunction with increasing levels of integration into System on Chip (SoC) designs. We view CDNS positively in this backdrop given market share momentum, position in the ARM 64-bit design flow and solid momentum of recently introduced products with more on the way."
Shares of Cadence Designs closed at $16.44 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: William Blair Starts El Pollo Loco (LOCO) at Outperform
- KeyBanc Upgrades Wolverine World Wide (WWW) to Buy
- Oncothyreon (ONTY) Price Target Lowered to $3 at Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!