CVS Health (CVS) Q3 Solid But Guidance Well Behind - Leerink
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst David Larsen weighed in on CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) following solid Q3 results but disappointing guidance which has the stock down 15.3%.
Larsen commented, "This morning CVS reported 3Q:16 earnings. While earnings in the quarter were solid, guidance was disappointing. Adjusted EPS of $1.64 came in ahead of Leerink/consensus of $1.55/$1.57, which includes a $0.05 tax benefit. While the quarter was good, 4Q:16 guidance of $1.64-$1.70 is below Leerink/consensus of $1.79/$1.75. CVS also provided preliminary 2017 adjusted EPS guidance of $5.77-$5.93, which is well below Leerink/consensus of $6.60/$6.50. The lower than expected outlook is due to changes in the retail networking landscape, and soft volumes in the industry. We will be listening on the call at 8:30 A.M. for greater detail around the impact of recent network contract changes."
The had an Outperform rating and price target of $105 into the results.
Shares of CVS Health closed at $83.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!