CVS Health (CVS) Model Not Broken, Buy on Weakness - Guggenheim
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Guggenheim analyst John Heinbockel said at flat 2017 at CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) doesn't mean the model is broken. He said patient, value investors should find the shares compelling..
Heinbocke commented, "With the shares off 15% pre-market (vs. 2% decline in the S&P), a significant move for a $90B market cap company, after already declining 15% YTD (vs. 4% rise in the S&P), the market is acting as if the operating model is broken. It is a bit reminiscent of late 2009, when the shares took a substantial hit on ongoing choppy results at Caremark. We do not believe that the model—operating multiple Rx assets and touch points under one roof to drive better health outcomes and market share—is broken. At a 12x P/E on 2017 guidance, it is now cheaper than many slower-growing, less well-positioned businesses. We would be Buyers on this weakness."
The firm had a Buy rating and price target of $115 on CVS into the results.
Shares of CVS Health closed at $83.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!